Followers

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Someday...

I created this card for the challenge this week at http://cardz4guyz.blogspot.com/ . We are to create a card using a favorite color combo. I chose the colors blue and brown because I like them when putting together a guy card. But, they have to be deep tones of blue and brown, none of these pastel baby blue or light brown girly colors. Oh no, they have to be strong deep colors. I combined my challenge theme from "Cardz4Guyz" with this week's very nice sketch by Challenge Hostess Kathie at http://sweetsketchwednesday2.blogspot.com/ .
*Papers -  Are 12X12" cardstock sheets from Michael's
*Embossing - Blue panel is a folder called "Tide #2" by Lifestyle Crafts. The brown panel under the blue is a folder by Cuttlebug called "Hounds Tooth".
*Sentiment - Is from a collection of sentiments I have saved. Text is written using my Explore and a blue Cricut pen. Happy Father's text also done on Explore and popped with pop dots for 3-D effect.
*Crown - Is an Explore cartridge image cut out of gold foil cardstock, which I double-layered for thickness. Added three metal gold gem Brads to finish of the sketch.                                                   
 
 
My Card
Thank you for following TurtleBug's Trail!
 

5 comments:

  1. Aw, such a sweet sentiment and fun Father's Day card. I'm so glad that you joined in the challenge this time.
    ~Jo, SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Fabulous sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz! Cyndi, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card, loving the sentiment. Thanks for sharing at Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, love that saying!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2!

    Hugs,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete