Followers

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Merry Monday Challenge

Over at http://merrymondaychristmaschallenge.blogspot.com/ Linda inspired us to make a Snow Globe card. Loved the chance to try another Shaker card, since I don't make them very often and they are always a challenge for me. I find that with each Shaker card I make I find new ways to go about it and I am getting quicker at making them.
*Snow Globe - Is a Cricut image cut on Explore
*Globe Scene - Is cut from an old Christmas card.
*I used a Shaker 3" circle mold and filled it with assorted items such as tiny beads, tiny gold stars, fluffy snow and clear sequins.
*Foil Cardstock -  From a very old all foil stack I have from American Crafts called "AC Specialty Paper". A very nice assortment of all colors of 12X12 sheets in it. I'm pretty sure when it runs out I will never find another again, I bought it on clearance, too. 
*Sentiment - Old rubber stamp inked using Stazon Black ink. The tag is a Spellbinder with ribbon through it.
 *Christmas Tree Branches - Cut using a Martha Stewart punch, and added a pearl to them.
Sorry about the photo, very hard to take a good one with all the reflective materials.
 
Thank you for following TurtleBug's Trail!

10 comments:

  1. Such a stunning snowglobe Josie, love all the gold and the elements you used in the shaker. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous snow globe - a lovely image and great colours too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shaker card, Love the inside scene, so peaceful and perfect for the reason for the season! Thank you for playing along at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty snow globe, Josie! Love the shaker and the pine boughs adorning it! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ladies for all your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness - what a beautiful scene in your snow globe! Well done to repurpose an old Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Your card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Josie! You are our Merry Monday winner! If you would like to be our Guest Designer next week, please email me at bonklass(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! I won!!
    Thank you Ladies for all your nice comments
    Hugs,
    Josie

    ReplyDelete