Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

CASology

Toy Top Time
Very unique Cue card at http://casology.blogspot.com/ this week, the cue word is "SPIN". First I was baffled...what to do!?? But, let me tell you...these awesome DT members did not let me down...the inspiration provided by each was WOW! Right away a Toy Top spinning and spinning popped into my mind and I found one to download. First, I printed out the toy top, cut the image out into a 2.75" circle on the Explore, added a diamond shaped metal brad to the tip of the top, then glued the Toy Top circle to the inside of the card. I wrote and printed on the card (after a bit of measuring) the sentiment on my Explore. I would have loved to wrap the sentiment in a circle all around the cut-out, but, unfortunately it is one technique among many  other things I have not mastered, yet! I then punched out another circle at 2.50" with a circle punch under the sentiment to allow the Toy Top to show through the circle. And, of course we have to have some string to spin that top!! It was such a fun and simple card to create.
Thank you for following TurtleBug's Trail!

5 comments:

  1. Josie, wow! A spinning top is a brilliant take on the cue this week! What a great image, and the added silver brad is a perfect touch! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great SPIN! on this challenge!! : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, and love the spin on words too. Unfortunately you can not make the word go around in Design Space not easily anyways. There are some programs that will do it for you very simply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally love the way you made all of your ideas come together! This is a great take on the cue card :) Thanks for playing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic image for the cue! I love how you preserved so much white space & your use of one simple embellishment has me smiling! :)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete